What are Brand Registration, Use Case Registration, and Campaign Verify Tokens?
Due to 10DLC regulations, Brand and Use Case registration are required forms for all ThruText clients. Carriers need to know information about your organization and the types of text messages you will send. Both forms are found on the same page in your ThruText account.
- Brand Registration: Only Account Owners can view and input information into this form. This short form will provide TCR (The Campaign Registry) with basic information about your organization, like your organization's legal name, legal address, and Employee Identification Number (EIN).
- Use Case Registration: Admins and Account Owners can add use case registration information. Use Cases are the 10DLC term for general types of texting campaigns, like "Charity" or "Political."
- Campaign Verify: If you represent a political organization registered with the FEC, state, or local election authorities (a 527 tax-exempt organization), you must complete a Campaign Verify registration to obtain a Campaign Verify token. You can enter the token on the Brand & Use Case Registration page in ThruText in the bottom-right corner before applying for your use case. For information about Campaign Verify and how to apply for a Campaign Verify Token, click here.
Adding Brand Registration Information (Account Owners Only)
To add 10DLC Brand Registration information, you must expand the "ThruText Tools" accordion on the left side navigation menu and select "Brand & Use Case Registration." Once you are on the page, you will see the Brand Registration form on the left side of the page.
Guidance for Filling out Brand Registration Form
Below are the fields you must complete on the Brand Registration form. Please review the requirements for each carefully to avoid errors in your submission. Please refer to your IRS tax filings when filling out this form.
Organization's Legal Name: Use the name your organization would use for tax purposes. For example, GetThru's legal name is TOSKR Inc., which we would use on our Brand Registration. Remember to double-check spelling and punctuation!
Employer Identification Number (EIN):
- US Clients: All GetThru clients based in the United States need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) to register their organization's Brand. Your EIN is the key for identifying your organization
- Non-US Clients: Click here for GetThru clients based outside the US and are texting US numbers.
Organization's Phone Number: Use the general contact number for your organization.
Organization's Email: Use the general contact email for your organization.
Organization's Website: URLs are required to see that your organization has an online presence and that the website is verifiable. Please submit the link to your main site homepage.
Address: Use the address your organization uses to file taxes. Remember to double-check spelling and accuracy!
Organization Type: From the drop-down, choose the type that matches how your organization files taxes.
- Government: The Government entity type is exclusively for verifiable agencies/entities of the current government and should not be used by political campaigns or any other organizations.
- Nonprofit: 501c3s and 4s
- For-Profit (Private): Choose this if you are a private, for-profit company.
- For-Profit (Publicly Traded): Choose this if you are a for-profit, publicly-traded company.
Industry: Choose the industry that most closely matches the space in which your organization does work.
Submitting Your Brand Registration
Once you submit your organization's Brand Registration, we will pass the information to The Campaign Registry to begin the process. A pop-up will let you know you have successfully submitted your registration. Once the registration approval process has been completed, we will notify you via email.
If you have any questions about the Brand Registration form, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brand Registration Failures & Resubmissions
If TCR has returned your registration as "Registration Unverified," you will be prompted to resubmit your Brand Registration. Follow this guide for more information.
Up Next: Use Case Registration & CV Tokens
Campaign Verify Tokens: Political organizations (527s only) must submit a Campaign Verify token, which you can generate on the Campaign Verify website. You will need to enter your token in the bottom-right corner of this page before applying for a use case. You can learn more about the Campaign Verify process here.
Use Case Registration: After you complete your Brand Registration, you'll be able to register Use Cases. You can initially select a single Use Case that best applies to your current or future messaging. It is strongly recommended to apply for the Charity or Political use case as your primary use case. You can register for additional Use Cases by reaching out to Support at email@example.com. Need guidance on registering use cases? Learn more here.
- If you are registering for the "Political" use case and are a 527 organization, please ensure your Campaign Verify token is in place before making the selection. (See the section above for information about Campaign Verify.)
- Use cases have both an automated and manual approval process. After applying for a use case, refresh the page. Your use case will now have a color-coded status next to it. Only use cases marked "Approved" can be used to send messages.