What are Brand Registration, Use Case Registration, and Campaign Verify Tokens?
Due to 10DLC regulations, Brand and Use Case registration are required forms for all ThruText clients. Carriers need to know information about your organization and the types of text messages you will send. Both forms are found on the same page in your ThruText account.
- Brand Registration: Only Account Owners can view and input information into this form. This short form will provide TCR (The Campaign Registry) with basic information about your organization, like your organization's legal name, legal address, and Employee Identification Number (EIN).
- Use Case Registration: Both Admins and Account Owners can add use case registration information. Use Cases are the 10DLC term for general types of texting campaigns, like Higher Education or Political.
- Campaign Verify: If you represent a political organization registered with the FEC, state, or local election authorities (a 527 tax-exempt organization), you must complete a Campaign Verify registration to obtain a Campaign Verify token. You can enter the token on the Brand & Use Case Registration page in ThruText in the bottom-right corner. For information about Campaign Verify and how to apply for a Campaign Verify Token click here.
Adding Brand Registration Information (Account Owners Only)
To add 10DLC Brand Registration information, you will need to expand the "Account Tools" accordion on the left side navigation and select "Brand & Use Case Registration." Once you are on the page, you will see the form on the left-hand side of the page.
Guidance for Filling out Brand Registration Form
Below are each of the fields you'll need to complete on the Brand Registration form. Please review the requirements for each carefully to avoid errors in your submission.
Organization’s Legal Name: Use the name your organization would use for tax purposes. For example, GetThru's legal name is TOSKR Inc., which is what we would use on our Brand Registration.
Employer Identification Number (EIN): The following guidance is pulled directly from The Campaign Registry
- US Clients: All GetThru clients based in the United States need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) to register their organization's Brand.
- Canadian Clients: Please enter your Canadian Corporation Number, which may be federal or provincial. Please do NOT enter your business number or federal tax ID number, as that is not readily cross-referenced. This is only required if you will be texting US phone numbers.
- European and APAC Clients: Please enter the numeric portion of your VAT ID number. Automated VAT identification matching is currently optimized for your country. This is only required if you will be texting US phone numbers.
- UK Clients: Please provide the primary corporation registration number or Tax ID number for your country. This is only required if you will be texting US phone numbers.
Organization’s Phone Number: Use the general contact number for your organization
Organization’s Email: Use the general contact email for your organization.
Address: Use the address your Organization uses to file taxes.
Organization Type: Choose the type that most closely matches how your Organization files taxes.
- Government: The Government entity type is exclusively for verifiable agencies/entities of the current government and should not be used by campaigns or any other organizations.
- Nonprofit: 501c3's, c4's, c5's, c6's, and 527 organizations should choose this option.
- For-Profit (Private): Choose this if you are a private, for-profit company.
- For-Profit (Publicly Traded): Choose this if you are a for-profit, publicly-traded company.
Industry: Choose the industry that most closely matches the space in which your Organization does work.
Submitting Your Brand Registration
Once you are finished submitting your organization's Brand Registration we will pass the information to The Campaign Registry to begin the process. You will see a pop-up letting you know that you have successfully submitted. Once the registration approval process has been completed, we will notify you.
Brand Registration Failures & Resubmissions
If TCR has returned your registration as "Registration Unverified" you will be prompted to resubmit your Brand Registration. Follow this guide for more information.
Up Next: Use Case Registration & CV Tokens
Use Case Registration: After you complete your Brand Registration, you'll be able to register Use Cases. You should select all Use Cases which may apply to your current or future messaging. Need guidance on registering use cases? Learn more here.
Campaign Verify Tokens: Political organizations (527s only) will need to submit a Campaign Verify token, which you can generate on the Campaign Verify website. You will need to enter your token in the bottom-right corner of this page. You can learn more about the Campaign Verify process here.