Use Case Registration (Account Owners & Admins)
After completing your Brand Registration, you will need to fill out your Use Case Registration form. You need to register use cases so that cell phone carriers know the types of messages you are planning to send. You will have the option to choose one or more of the following use cases:
Special Use Cases (Preferred)
- Political - If your organization is a 501(C)4/5/6 or 527 you should use the Political use case. The Political use case receives preferential treatment by the wireless carriers over all other use cases. All 527 political organizations will need to be verified with Campaign Verify and receive a token in order to register the Political use case.
- Charity - Communications from a registered charity aimed at providing help and raising money for those in need. This use case is available to 501(C)3 organizations only. The Charity use case receives preferential treatment from the wireless carriers over most standard use cases.
Standard Use Cases
- Higher Education - If you are texting on behalf of a College or University, select this option.
- Customer Care - Select this option if you are texting as part of your organization's customer care interactions. This includes but is not limited to customer care and support. Unions texting union members can use this use case.
- Polling and Voting - This use case is meant for the sending of surveys and polling/voting campaigns for non-political arenas.
- Public Service Announcement - Informational messaging to raise an audience's awareness about important issues. If you're messaging, for example, on environmental issues or COVID relief, you may want to utilize this use case.
- Emergency Response - Select this option if your organization's messages are designed to support public safety/health during natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemics, or other emergencies. This use case has been depreciated and can not be newly registered. However, if your account had been approved for Emergency Response before 5/24/22, you may continue to use this as it applies.
- K-12 Education - Campaigns created for messaging that supports school districts and distance learning centers for K-12 students should use this use case. This use case is not for Post-Secondary schools and requires approval from at least 1 Mobile Network Operator. (eg: AT&T, Verizon, TMobile) This use case has been depreciated and can not be newly registered. However, if your account had been approved for Emergency Response before 5/24/22, you may continue to use this as it applies.
Use Case Sample Messages
The telecom companies require us to submit two custom sample messages per use case. Once you've selected your Use Case, two boxes will populate, prompting you to give examples of the initial messages you'll be sending to your targets. These fields are required in order to complete your Use Case Registration.
Use Cases by Organization Type
The following table provides suggestions on which Use Cases you should consider registering based on your organization type. Not every organization will need to register every use case suggested below. You only need to register the use cases that apply to your texting campaigns based on the descriptions provided. These suggestions may change as TCR releases new use cases.
|Organization Type||Suggested Use Cases|
*501c3 organizations are not eligible for the 'Political' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR if they apply for that use case.
|Colleges and Universities|
*501c4 organizations are not eligible for the 'Charity' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR if they apply for that use case.
*501c5 organizations are not eligible for the 'Charity' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR if they apply for that use case.
*501c6 organizations are not eligible for the 'Charity' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR.