Use Case Registration (Account Owners & Admin)
After completing your Brand Registration, you will be able to fill out your Use Case Registration form. You need to register use cases so that cell phone carriers know the types of messages that you are planning to send. You will have the option to choose one or more of the following use cases:
- Political - If your organization is part of an organized effort to influence decision-making in a specific group, you need to select this option. All 527 political organizations will need to be verified with Campaign Verify (see below)
- Charity - Communications from a registered charity aimed at providing help and raising money for those in need (This use case is available to 501c3 organizations only).
- Emergency Response - Select this option if your organization's messages are designed to support public safety/health during natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemics, or other emergencies.
- Higher Education - If you are texting on behalf of a College or University, select this option.
- K-12 Education - Campaigns created for messaging that supports school districts and distance learning centers for K-12 students should use this use case. This use case is not for Post-Secondary schools and requires approval from at least 1 Mobile Network Operator. (eg: AT&T, Verizon, TMobile)
- Customer Care - Select this option if you are texting as part of your organization's customer care interactions. This includes, but is not limited to customer care and support.
- Polling and Voting - This use case is meant for the sending of surveys and polling/voting campaigns for non-political arenas.
- Public Service Announcement - Informational messaging to raise an audiences' awareness about important issues. If you're messaging, for example, on environmental issues or COVID relief, you may want to utilize this use case.
Use Cases by Organization Type
The following table provides suggestions on which Use Cases you should consider registering based on your organization type. Not every organization will need to register every use case suggested below. You only need to register the use cases that apply to your texting campaigns based on the descriptions provided. These suggestions may change as TCR releases new use cases.
|Organization Type||Suggested Use Cases|
*The political use case is currently not available via the TCR. You should still register 'Political' as your use case, but the status will remain 'Pending' until the TCR activates the use case. In the meantime, you do not need to add a use case to your ThruText campaigns.
*501c3 organizations are not eligible for the 'Political' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR if they apply for that use case .
|Colleges and Universities|
|K-12 School Districts and Distance Learning Centers|
*Post-Secondary schools should use the 'Higher Education' use case.
*501c4 organizations are not eligible for the 'Charity' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR if they apply for that use case.
*501c5 organizations are not eligible for the 'Charity' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR if they apply for that use case.
*501c6 organizations are not eligible for the 'Charity' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR.