How to view your conversations and clean up campaigns
As an admin, you can view conversations that are taking place in your ThruText campaigns. This allows you to view each thread and clean up after senders if they've missed something or made a mistake. Campaign cleanup can be a part of Campaign Sweeping.
To do so, you will click on the "Conversations" tab within your campaign to access the Conversations Overview page.
Conversations that have not had their initial messages sent or conversations that have had at least one reply are viewable in the conversation list. Conversations that have had their initial message sent but have not yet received a response will not be viewable in the conversation list view. To view all conversations that have had their initial messages sent you can create a campaign message export.
From the Conversations Overview page, you can view the total number of conversations, conversations not started, and conversations that need replies.
- You can view, sort, or search all senders assigned to the campaign and the number of conversations connected to them.
- You can unassign or reassign on the Conversations Overview page.
If you click on a sender's name, it will show you all of the assigned conversations in the admin messenger.
- From there, you can click on each contact's name and phone number from the left sidebar to read the conversation thread. For information about redacting a contact's phone number from the Admin Messenger, click here.
- You can also search via contact name or set your sort preference for contacts via the left sidebar as well:
- You can reassign some conversations to a specific sender from the left sidebar "Reassign Conversations" drop-down.
- You can reassign or opt out a specific contact from the upper right side button options.
- You can view attached survey questions and responses or recommended replies from the right sidebar.
A green dot next to a contact name indicates a message from a contact that has not been responded to yet. A lot of green dots could mean that your senders have missed a lot of replies that have come in, and perhaps have not recorded the data that has come in with them. By using the Conversations Overview, you can double check how many replies are awaiting a response. For more information about message statuses, click here.
As an admin, you can add or change the sender's survey answers.
You can also use the message content box or the recommended replies to text the contact back if you so desire:
In addition, you can manage opt-outs or reassign a single conversation from within the admin conversation tab. For example, if one of your senders opts a contact out incorrectly or forgets to opt them out, you can use the opt out button on the top right to record their opt-out status correctly:
If the blue confirmation "Opt Out" button was selected, the display screen will change to "Opt In" and you can opt the contact back in:
If you'd like to move that particular conversation to another sender or back to unassigned, you can use the reassign button next to the Opt Out button:
You can then choose where you'd like the conversation to go:
Please check out our video on Campaign Clean Up to see the conversation view in action.