Frequently asked questions about ThruText pricing
What is ThruText's pricing?
For information on ThruText's pricing for education, political campaigns, and non-profits, please visit our website for more information.
Note - You are not charged for errored messages.
How do I find my ThruText contract rate?
You can find your pricing plan and rate in your original contract and in a prior invoice, or you can contact our sales and billing team for information on your specific plan's pricing details.
To reach these departments directly, the sales team is available at email@example.com, and the billing team is available at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Pricing information is not located in the tool, and support does not have those details available to provide.
Does ThruText offer unlimited messaging “per contact” plans for non-profits & political campaigns?
We do! For most organizations and campaigns, per-message and per-segment pricing tends to be more affordable than per-contact because few campaigns consistently send enough messages to benefit from unlimited messaging.
How to calculate a ThruText bill?
If you are on a per-segment or a legacy per-message plan, you can use the following steps to calculate your monthly bill or the cost of a specific campaign.
Note - If your organization is on a per contact or SaaS plan, please reach out to our sales and billing departments directly for bill related questions.
To check the number of SMS messages, SMS segments, and MMS messages sent out in a one-month period, go to the account page to access the Account Tools drop-down and click the Usage Analytics button. This page will show you the number of SMS messages, SMS segments, and MMS messages sent out each month in each column. If you’d like more details on accessing this page, please review our Usage Analytics article.
- Calculation method for legacy per-message and MMS billing: (Outgoing Messages Sent in Previous Month) x (Per Text Rate) = Previous Month Bill.
- Example: If you had 10,000 SMS and/or MMS messages sent out in June and your per-text contract rate was $0.08, you would multiply 10,000 x 0.08 for a total of $800.
- Calculation method for per-segment and MMS billing (Outgoing Segments Sent in Previous Month) x (Per Segment Rate) = Previous Month Bill.
- Example: If you had 45,000 SMS segments sent out in June, and your per-segment contract rate was $0.035, you would multiply 45,000 x 0.035 for a total of $1,575.
- Examples: If you had 3000 MMS messages sent out in June and your MMS contract rate was $0.060, you would multiply 3000 by 0.070 for a total of $180.
To figure out the cost of a single campaign, you will need to assess the number of outgoing messages or segments on that specific campaign and multiply that by your contract rate. To check the number of outgoing messages for a campaign, you will need to do a Campaign Message Export, download the export file, and determine the total number of outgoing messages included (filter the "message_direction" column to "outgoing" only and filter the "message_error" column to only show messages with no errors). Please review our Campaign Exports article for details on retrieving a message export.
- Calculation method for per-text clients: (Outgoing Messages on Campaign) x (Per Text Rate) = Cost of That Campaign.
- Example: If your export showed you had 1000 messages sent out in the campaign and your per text contract rate was $0.08, you would multiply 1000 x 0.08 for a total of $80 for that campaign.
- Calculation method for per-segment clients: (Sum of "message_segment_count" column) x (Per Segment Rate) = Cost of That Campaign.
- Example: If your export showed you had 4500 messages sent out in the campaign and your per segment contract rate was $0.035, you would multiply 4500 x 0.035 for a total of $157.50 for that campaign.
- Example: If your export showed you had 1000 MMS messages sent out in the campaign and your MMS contract rate was $0.060, you would multiply 1000 by 0.060 for a total of $60.
Note - We send bills out during the first half of the month, and you can expect your previous month’s bill by the middle of the current month. Once you have received it, you can pay by ACH, credit card, or check.
Not all messages sent in a billing period are sent in campaigns launched during the billing period. To account for all of the messages appearing in your invoice, you may need to look at campaigns that were launched prior to the billing period.