Information on a Single Group
Contacts and Error Messages in Groups Definitions
Once you've uploaded a group, we'll provide statistics and error messages for that list of contacts.
- Valid: Contacts with textable, valid mobile phone numbers.
- Unvalidated: Contacts with phone numbers that are pending validation. Please refresh your browser if you see a large number of items in unvalidated status after the group has been fully processed.
- Invalid: These are contacts with phone numbers that are not registered to a valid mobile carrier, such as a landline. While these numbers are not textable, they can be dialable. Please review our guide Creating Groups for ThruTalk (New) for more information .
- Opt-Outs: Contacts that are removed due to the phone number being previously opted-out from ThruText on your account. Please know that opt-outs are not removed from ThruTalk (New) calling lists. ThruTalk (New) is managed separately in the Do Not Call section.
- Errors: A total count of the rows affected by errors on import. The details are listed below the group stats box:
- 'Row had a different number of columns from the header row.' - Validate your CSV is formatted properly with all rows having the same number of columns.
- 'Row had invalid formatting (invalid CSV escape sequence).' - Validate your CSV is formatted properly.
- 'Missing or malformed phone number.' - The column in your CSV file mapped to phone number is either empty or does not contain the correct amount of characters for a phone number.
- 'One or more columns exceeded maximum length (255).' - Fields are restricted to 255 characters and need to be trimmed and re-loaded.
- 'Missing contact first or last name.' - First and last names are required fields. You can choose to populate them with placeholders like "supporter" if required.
- 'Duplicate phone number.' - Groups/Campaigns will only have one contact per phone number; duplicates are removed for you.
- 'Unknown error.' - Contact our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
This is a list of all custom fields that were mapped during group upload. This is a great way to check to see if your VAN IDs are present in individual groups! For more information on custom fields, check out our detailed help center article.
The campaigns displayed in this section include all campaigns for ThruText (active, paused, draft, archived) and ThruTalk (New) (active, draft, archived) that the group is attached to.