The most wonderful time of the year is nearly here... Giving Tuesday and calendar year-end! To help you get ready for the final push, read on for tips and best practices.
GIVING TUESDAY & CALENDAR YEAR-END PRO TIPS
- Be Strategic: Creating a solid plan in advance will help ensure successful year-end campaigns. Check out this guide to creating the perfect Giving Tuesday campaign.
- Build On Existing Channels: Texting works best when it’s intentionally built into your overall communications plan. Consider where and when texting can make an impact—for example, as a direct mail follow-up, an additional touchpoint on Giving Tuesday, or a stewardship message to wish your donors and alumni a happy new year.
- Pledge Fulfillment: Looking for an easy way to bring in pledged gifts? ThruText makes it fast and easy for you and your donors. Be sure to use Custom Fields to remind your donors of their pledge amount, date, and designation.
- Make A Second Ask: Fun fact: ThruText response rates are slightly higher for LYBUNTs and recent donors. If you’re making a second ask of donors who have already given this fiscal year, a quick text can be a great way to thank them for their generosity and make an ask for additional support.
- Segment Wisely: As on all channels, thoughtful segmentation can make a huge difference for your texting program. You may want to write a more targeted script for your leadership-level donors, or create more information texts for your young alumni. You can make good use of the ThruText Cloning feature to create & customize multiple campaigns.
- Avoid Links In Initial Messages: This is our #1 tip for ensuring the deliverability of your important messages. Once a recipient responds, you can use ThruText Recommended Replies to share your donation landing page. You can read more tips for Initial Message creation here.
EDUCATION STRATEGY SESSIONS
Need help with brainstorming messaging, segmentation, or strategy? Book time with a member of our Education team here.
As you may have read in earlier newsletters, all ThruText accounts must complete 10DLC registration in order to remain in compliance. It’s super simple and can be done within your ThruText account by following these steps in sequential order:
UPCOMING SUPPORT HOLIDAYS
ThruText Support will be closed on the following holidays so our team can enjoy time with their families.
- Thanksgiving — Thursday, November 25
- Christmas Day — Saturday, December 25
- New Year’s Day — Saturday, January 1
Thank you for texting with us in 2021. We’re grateful for the opportunity to work with your team, and wish you a happy year-end giving season!
—The GetThru Education Team