Hello from GetThru!
Believe it or not, Fall is here and will surely bring its fair share of opportunities for you to connect with your texting audiences. We’re reaching out with our September newsletter to share ways your team can use ThruText as a part of homecoming and event outreach, mix in engagement texts along with solicitations, and remain up to date on 10DLC guidelines.
TEXTING FOR HOMECOMING/IN-PERSON EVENTS
- RSVPs/Invitations: Texting is a great way to get the word out about upcoming events. Whether it’s a simple heads up for your contacts to “Save the Date,” or a personalized invitation, consider using ThruText to drive engagement and track RSVPs using our survey questions feature.
- Communicating schedule changes/reminders: We know so much can change on the day of an event, and now more than ever you’ll want to make sure your attendees are well-informed. Texting allows for you to share important updates with event attendees in real-time, when they’re out and about and only have access to their cell phones
- Clarifying COVID-19 Safety Protocols: With the potential return of in-person events this fall, there are bound to be plenty of questions with regard to COVID-19 safety protocols. Use texting to communicate your school’s specific regulations, and to answer any questions your attendees have for you.
- Text event attendees before the event start so that they’re aware they can reach out via text with questions.
- Have a system in place for volunteer texters to escalate more urgent requests/questions from attendees.
- Follow up after the event with a thank you text, and a link to donate if the contact hasn’t already
ENGAGEMENT TEXTING BEST PRACTICES
In addition to the tips listed above, we’ve recently published a best practices blog post for engagement texting on our website. The post covers the importance of engagement texting, and includes messaging templates for initial texts and recommended replies across a number of use cases.
We’ve included a sample fall communications plan in the post which lays out a comprehensive strategy for outreach across multiple channels, including texting. The plan was shaped by campaigns we’ve seen work for other schools, so be sure to give it a look-over as you plan for the fall.
Over the past few weeks, you may have received updates from our team regarding 10DLC. The most recent of these updates shared that we are now accepting 10DLC registration information from existing GetThru clients. Before taking any immediate steps to begin your registration, we recommend reviewing this support article outlining the basics of what 10DLC is and why it is important.
We also wanted to offer a friendly reminder to identify an Account Owner for your ThruText account if you have not already done so. This is an important step in ensuring our future 10DLC updates are sent to the most appropriate contacts on your team -- more information on Account Owners can be found here. Account Owners will also want to be sure to complete Brand and Use Case Registration as soon as possible: here are instructions for doing so.
Lastly, we do plan on hosting another 10DLC webinar so keep an eye out for that registration invite. In the meantime, feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions you’d like for us to cover during the webinar.
PLANNING YOUR FALL COMMUNICATIONS
We’re here to help as you plan for the fall! If interested, schedule a time to brainstorm and review strategy and messaging, get a training refresher, or ask any questions you might have.
The GetThru Education Team